2018 AP US HISTORY SUMMER ASSIGNMENT
The summer assignment purpose is both to give you a survey-level study of colonial and revolutionary US History and to provide you with the necessary tools to enable your success in AP US History. You will turn in your seven-chapter assignment on the 2nd day of class in the fall. The following day you will be taking a Multiple Choice (MC) Exam which covers the first three Periods of US History, 1491-1800 (not chapter 8 though). The MC Exam will be stimulus based.
- Check out Eric Foner’s Give Me Liberty 4th Edition when it is available in the book room (you should also get access to an online book as well, which should help if you are traveling this summer).
- Complete a Chapter Outline for each of the Chapters 1-7. This will serve as your note taking for the chapter. That means that you need to read the chapters as well. You CANNOT type this! Chapter Outlines can be found HERE. Print them out.
- Analyze Documents Common Sense and Plain Truth, Addressed to the Inhabitants of America on pages 200 and 201 in the textbook. Complete a HAPPY Document Analysis Worksheet for EACH document.
- Complete the three(3) assigned Short Answer Questions (SHAQ).
Answer the SHAQ on this form.
Watch this Youtube video to help you understand how best to answer the question
- Start to get to know the curriculum by reading the course description and going over the first three Periods of study for the course (starts on page 31). You do not have to fill them out.
**Tips and Pointers!!!
- Do not wait
- Plan on one chapter per week (that’s 7 weeks!)
- Numbers 3 and 4 above should also take one more week (that’s 8 weeks of work!)