WHS Home Page          Bell Schedule          Portal Login          Contact Us          714•893•1381         

3/29 Announcements

March29, 2019
by jmilligan

Good Morning Lions!

E – Engage in school culture.

In Track and Field action our Girls won on both varsity and JV levels with Alex Jsames winning 4 events along with 3 by Sophia Nguyen and Vivian Nguyen as well as 1st place performances by Carolyn Putman, Carlolynn Tran and Jenifer Tran. Congratulations girls!

In Boys’ Track and Field action the varsity and JV won by large margins over visiting Garden Grove with both relays winning the meet as 1st place performances went to Paul Nguyen, Omar Garcia, Hai Le, Franz Culas, Jordan Tran, Cristian Flores and Quincy Velasquez. Congratulations boys!

Attn: Seniors FINAL DAYS TO purchase your Grad Nite tickets!!! Check our website for sale dates.

Hello Korean Culture Club members there is a lunch meeting today in E7

Do you want to fulfill university requirements, improve job opportunities, and be recognized at graduation with a seal of biliteracy, then enroll in a World Language course! 4 year programs offered in Spanish, French, Vietnamese and Espanol.

Ever thought about being an award winning Westminster High School cheerleader? Now’s your chance! Tryouts are April 8th – the 11th. Pick up your tryout materials in T1 or J25 today!

ASB applications for appointed positions are available in the Activities Office! Last day to turn them in to the ASB room (G1) is Thursday April 11.

Hey, batter, batter, hey batter, batter swing. I’ve got to just do my thing. Hey, batter, batter, hey batter, batter swing. You heard that song! Make your way to the Varsity Baseball game today to watch them take on the Garden Grove Argonauts at our home field. See you there!

COLLEGE VISIT ALERT! COLLEGE VISIT ALERT! Are you interested in becoming a hairstylist, make up artist, barber, or nail tech? Learn from the best at Paul Mitchell the School! Representatives will be on campus TODAY at LUNCH in the College and Career Center! Stop by to see what Paul Mitchell the School has to offer! Don’t miss out!

Calling all students! Building BLOC will be hosting an after school scholarship workshop on Monday, April 1st in the College and Career Center! Learn about scholarships, the application process, and where to find them! We will even provide a small variety of scholarships for you to apply for!

Hey Lions, come decked out in all black on Monday representing the infamous Black Widow. Tuesday come dressed as your favorite Guardians of the Galaxy character or something with space vibes. On Wednesday show your support for the first avenger, Captain America, and come to school in red, white, and blue. Thursday dress up in some of your favorite colors from the infinity gauntlet green, purple, orange, blue, red, and yellow. Dedication to the Marvel Universe will come on Friday at the rally.

ATTENTION SENIORS! Are you going to Golden West College? Do you need help with Freshman Priority Registration? Representatives from Golden West College will be holding a Workshop on Tuesday, April 2nd in the College and Career Center from 1:45pm to 3pm. Stop by to get all of your registration questions answered! See Mrs. Gomez if you are interested!

Just sit right back and YOU will hear a tale, a tale of a fateful trip that started from a tropic port aboard a tiny ship. The ship hit a sandbar and began to sink, what became of the passengers you ask . . . come find out next week as our Lions Den Theater presents “Lagooned” !! Tickets go on sale next Monday. Tickets are $5 presale or $7 at the door. See the posters around school for more information.

Do you have a hot take on anything? Do you need anything advertised? Do you have an opinion? The WHS Newspaper is here to hear your tea. Stop by J6 every wednesday during lunch to contribute to the The Pawprint, the Westminster High School Newspaper. Find the Pawprint news on whslions.netunder the student tab.

Do you want to see some awesome student performances? Then plan to come to the Spring Showcase on Wednesday, April 3 at 7pm in the gym. The showcase will feature all 8 groups of the EU: Symphonic Band, String Orchestra, Jazz Band, Steel Drum Band, Leo Percussion Ensemble, Jv and Varsity Color Guards, and the award winning Drum Line, tickets are available pre-sale for $3/$5 at the door. All staff that would like to attend can for free.

Daily Announcements