WHS Home Page          Bell Schedule          Portal Login          Contact Us          714•893•1381         

4/1 Announcements

April1, 2019
by jmilligan

Good Morning Lions!

P – Prepare for college and career.

On Friday night our JV color guard placed 4th and our Varsity color guard placed first competing with Los Alamitos, Nogales, and south Hills, great job for both groups. On saturday our drum line finished their season with their strongest performance of the year

Our Westminster Esports Club have been busy winning games and earning scholarships ! “Congratulations to Daniel Tabata for winning the National Hockey League Beyond the Game Challenge Scholarship and earning a $1000 scholarship along with a $500 grant to our school provided by the North American Scholastic Esports Federation. Way to go Daniel!

Ever thought about being an award winning Westminster High School cheerleader? Now’s your chance! Tryouts are April 8th – the 11th. Pick up your tryout materials in T1 or J25 today!

ASB applications for appointed positions are available in the Activities Office! Last day to turn them in to the ASB room (G1) is Thursday April 11.

Hey lions, GSA will have a meeting today in room E-7, Mr. Kadmiri’s room during lunch! Bring your friends and we’ll see you there!!

ATTENTION SENIORS! Are you going to Golden West College? Do you need help with Freshman Priority Registration? Representatives from Golden West College will be holding a Workshop on Tuesday, April 2nd in the College and Career Center from 1:45pm to 3pm. Stop by to get all of your registration questions answered! See Mrs. Gomez if you are interested!

Do you have a hot take on anything? Do you need anything advertised? Do you have an opinion? The WHS Newspaper is here to hear your tea. Stop by J6 every wednesday during lunch to contribute to the The Pawprint, the Westminster High School Newspaper. Find the Pawprint news on whslions.netunder the student tab.

Do you want to see some awesome student performances? Then plan to come to the Spring Showcase on Wednesday, April 3 at 7pm in the gym. The showcase will feature all 8 groups of the EU: Symphonic Band, String Orchestra, Jazz Band, Steel Drum Band, Leo Percussion Ensemble, Jv and Varsity Color Guards, and the award winning Drum Line, tickets are available pre-sale for $3/$5 at the door. All staff that would like to attend can for free.

Calling all students! Building BLOC will be hosting an after school scholarship workshop TODAY in the College and Career Center! Learn about scholarships, the application process, and where to find them! We will even provide a small variety of scholarships for you to apply for

There is a tale of a fateful trip that started from a tropic port aboard a tiny ship that hit a sandbar and began to sink. The passengers end up on an island full of wild animals and cannibals, what becomes of the passengers you ask, come find out as our Lion’s Den Theater presents Lagooned! Tickets are on sale NOW in the finance office or Theater room at lunch. Tickets are $5 presale/$7 at the door. Show NIGHTS Thursday, Friday, and Saturday THIS WEEK at 7, Afternoon show on Saturday at 2.

Students , Having trouble with your school work? need some advice about college? or

just advice in general? then Project HOPE is the program for you. We provide tutoring in

all subjects, one on one peer advising, college preparation workshops. ust come to

room L-3 every Tuesday afterschool from 3-5:30 and we can get you started. If you

have any questions, come by L3 and ask for Mr. Pham or Mr. Burns.

PEW PEW PEW! Don’t forget to wear space themed clothes for Guardian of the Galaxy Day tomorrow on Tuesday. Wednesday will be WHS showing support to the first avenger Captain America wearing red, white, and blue. On Thursday, remember to pick your favorite color infinity stone from Thanos’s gauntlet. Friday freshmen and seniors will deck out in all white and sophomores and juniors will deck out in red for marvel.

Attention Junior and Seniors. There is a special Health Careers Academy this summer for FREE. .Please see Mrs. Duremdes in the Library for more information.

Attn: Seniors! Last 2 weeks to purchase Grad Nite Tickets. Tuesday and Thursday of this week. Place: in front of the ASB office. When? At lunch! CASH ONLY!

Attention All female Athletes. You will be taking the California Physical Fitness Test Tuesday Morning at 8:00am. This is not optional as it is mandated by the state. Ladies, you are to arrive at the Physical Education Building at 7:45 sharp. Do not be late.

Daily Announcements