WHS Home Page          Bell Schedule          Portal Login          Contact Us          714•893•1381         

4/2 Announcements

April2, 2019
by jmilligan

Good Morning Lions!

R – Read and write daily.

Hey Lions! Do you know what day it is? It’s TACO TUESDAY!! Come out to the baseball game today at 3:15 PM for TACO TUESDAY, and watch our Varsity Lions take on the Ocean View Seahawks. Yes! It’s TACO TUESDAY!! at the baseball field!! See you there!!

Attn: Seniors! Grad Nite tickets on sale today during lunch in front of the ASB office. CASH ONLY.

Ever thought about being an award winning Westminster High School cheerleader? Now’s your chance! Tryouts are April 8th – the 11th. Pick up your tryout materials in T1 or J25 today!

ASB applications for appointed positions are available in the Activities Office! Last day to turn them in to the ASB room (G1) is Thursday April 11.

ATTENTION SENIORS! Are you going to Golden West College? Do you need help with Freshman Priority Registration? Representatives from Golden West College will be holding a Workshop today in the College and Career Center from 1:45pm to 3pm. Stop by to get all of your registration questions answered! See Mrs. Gomez if you are interested!

Do you have a hot take on anything? Do you need anything advertised? Do you have an opinion? The WHS Newspaper is here to hear your tea. Stop by J6 every wednesday during lunch to contribute to the The Pawprint, the Westminster High School Newspaper. Find the Pawprint news on whslions.netunder the student tab.

ATTENTION SENIORS! Are you going to Golden West College? Do you need help with Freshman Priority Registration? Representatives from Golden West College will be holding a Workshop TODAY in the College and Career Center from 1:45pm to 3pm. Stop by to get your registration questions answered! See Mrs. Gomez if you are interested!

Do you want to see some awesome student performances? Then plan to come to the Spring Showcase on Wednesday, April 3 at 7pm in the gym. The showcase will feature all 8 groups of the EU: Symphonic Band, String Orchestra, Jazz Band, Steel Drum Band, Leo Percussion Ensemble, Jv and Varsity Color Guards, and the award winning Drum Line, tickets are available pre-sale for $3/$5 at the door. All staff that would like to attend can for free.

Don’t forget to deck out in red, white, and blue to show our support to the first avenger in the marvel universe, Captain America, tomorrow. Deck all out in your favorite infinity stones in the whole marvel universe on Thursday. ALSO, don’t forget that Friday will be Marvel Day. Freshmen and seniors will deck out in all white and sophomores and juniors will deck out in red for Marvel.

There is a tale of a fateful trip that started from a tropic port aboard a tiny ship that hit a sandbar and began to sink. The passengers end up on an island full of wild animals and cannibals, what becomes of the passengers you ask, come find out as our Lion’s Den Theater presents Lagooned! Tickets are on sale NOW in the finance office or Theater room at lunch. Tickets are $5 presale/$7 at the door. Show NIGHTS Thursday, Friday, and Saturday THIS WEEK at 7, Afternoon show on Saturday at 2.

Students , Having trouble with your school work? need some advice about college? or

just advice in general? then Project HOPE is the program for you. We provide tutoring in

all subjects, one on one peer advising, college preparation workshops. ust come to

room L-3 every Tuesday afterschool from 3-5:30 and we can get you started. If you

have any questions, come by L3 and ask for Mr. Pham or Mr. Burns.

Attention Junior and Seniors. There is a special Health Careers Academy this summer for FREE. .Please see Mrs. Duremdes in the Library for more information.

Lions,Do you want to be a part of your school’s legacy? The Westminster High School Academic Decathlon team is searching for new recruits! The little team that could — the team that essentially rebuilds itself from scratch each year — went to the State Academic Decathlon championships for the thirteenth year in a row — a feat not done by any currently competing high school in Orange County. Help us secure our fourteenth year by joining us on the team!

Marvel Spring Photos are now here!! For only $1 per person, stop by Buckingham Square, during lunch, to take your picture! ATTENTION all clubs! The club with the most participants to take a picture at the Marvel Spring Photos, will have a chance to win “Club of the Month” AND be featured in the Rally!

Daily Announcements