WHS Home Page          Bell Schedule          Portal Login          Contact Us          714•893•1381         

4/3 Announcements

April3, 2019
by jmilligan

Good Morning Lions!

I – Inquire and collaborate.

Congratulations to the Lion Golf team for its 40 stroke win over the Loara Saxons yesterday in Anaheim. Anchoring the victory were Alan Pham, Dylan Slayton, Nicholas Pham, Mason Nguyen, and Brandon Vu.

Interested in serving in the Military? Representatives from the US Army will be in the College and Career Center TOMORROW, APRIL 4, AT LUNCH. Stop by to see what the Army has to offer!

Ever thought about being an award winning Westminster High School cheerleader? Now’s your chance! Tryouts are April 8th – the 11th. Pick up your tryout materials in T1 or J25 today!

ASB applications for appointed positions are available in the Activities Office! Last day to turn them in to the ASB room (G1) is Thursday April 11.

To infinity , and beyo- wait wrong movie.. but hey hey hey Lions, let’s dress up according to Thanos infinity stones tomorrow! Don’t get snapped away. Freshmen! Seniors! Don’t forget to come together to deck out in all white. Sophomores! Juniors! Deck out in red. Together we can all come together and become the marvel universe.

Do you have a hot take on anything? Do you need anything advertised? Do you have an opinion? The WHS Newspaper is here to hear your tea. Stop by J6 every wednesday during lunch to contribute to the The Pawprint, the Westminster High School Newspaper. Find the Pawprint news on whslions.netunder the student tab.

Do you want to see some awesome student performances? Then plan to come to the Spring Showcase tonight at 7pm in the gym. The showcase will feature all 8 groups of the EU: Symphonic Band, String Orchestra, Jazz Band, Steel Drum Band, Leo Percussion Ensemble, Jv and Varsity Color Guards, and the award winning Drum Line, tickets are available pre-sale for $3/$5 at the door. All staff that would like to attend can for free.

Attn: Seniors! Grad Nite tickets on sale tomorrow during lunch.

There is a tale of a fateful trip that started from a tropic port aboard a tiny ship that hit a sandbar and began to sink. The passengers end up on an island full of wild animals and cannibals, what becomes of the passengers you ask, come find out as our Lion’s Den Theater presents Lagooned! Tickets are on sale NOW in the finance office or Theater room at lunch. Tickets are $5 presale/$7 at the door. Show NIGHTS Thursday, Friday, and Saturday THIS WEEK at 7, Afternoon show on Saturday at 2.

Attention Junior and Seniors. There is a special Health Careers Academy this summer for FREE. .Please see Mrs. Duremdes in the Library for more information.

Lions,Do you want to be a part of your school’s legacy? The Westminster High School Academic Decathlon team is searching for new recruits! The little team that could — the team that essentially rebuilds itself from scratch each year — went to the State Academic Decathlon championships for the thirteenth year in a row — a feat not done by any currently competing high school in Orange County. Help us secure our fourteenth year by joining us on the team!

Marvel Spring Photos are now here!! For only $1 per person, stop by Buckingham Square, during lunch, to take your picture! ATTENTION all clubs! The club with the most participants to take a picture at the Marvel Spring Photos, will have a chance to win “Club of the Month” AND be featured in the Rally!

Westminster Esports will have a meeting this Thursday afterschool in K4! Come in and play your favorite competitive games!

Hey Juniors and Seniors! Prom is just around the corner. Enjoy A Night of Enchantment at the Nixon Library on Friday, April 26th. Don’t miss out on our ONE DAY flash sale next week on Tuesday, April 9th!! Our lowest ticket prices of $75 w/ ASB and $80 w/out and for guests. Pick up your dance/guest contracts in G-1 today!

Take me out to the ball game! (sing it!) WHS Choir will be singing the national anthem at Angels Stadium on Friday May 17th at 7:00pm. Come support your lions and watch the Angels take on the Kansas City Royals. Tickets are a discounted price of only $20! Go to the finance office and get your ticket to this fun event today!

Prom Boutique! Prom Boutique! Prom Boutique! Come to the library this Saturday to buy a prom dress for ten dollars! Yes, lots of prom dresses this Saturday in the library for only ten dollars! Win a prom ticket too!

Hey all you Juniors and Seniors!!! Did you know Prom is at the end of the month. Did you know you may not be able to go if you have Saturday Schools!!! Don’t be denied!!! Saturday School is this Saturday from 8-1210. You have been notified by email if you have them. Contact Officer Ryan if you have any questions.

Daily Announcements