WHS Home Page          Bell Schedule          Portal Login          Contact Us          714•893•1381         

4/4 Announcements

April4, 2019
by jmilligan

Good Morning Lions!

D – Demonstrate digital literacy.

Hey Lions, if you are a sophomore or junior remember to wear red. If you are a freshman or senior wear white to show your spirit for Marvel Day tomorrow for our last rally of the year- WHS: ENDGAME. So make sure to deck out or you might miss out.

Hey Lions! The Risen Christian club will be meeting this Thursday at lunch in room F-6. We would love to have you join us! Pizza is provided so you don’t need to take time to buy your lunch, just come!

Ever thought about being an award winning Westminster High School cheerleader? Now’s your chance! Tryouts are April 8th – the 11th. Pick up your tryout materials in T1 or J25 today!

Do you have a hot take on anything? Do you need anything advertised? Do you have an opinion? The WHS Newspaper is here to hear your tea. Stop by J6 every wednesday during lunch to contribute to the The Pawprint, the Westminster High School Newspaper. Find the Pawprint news on whslions.netunder the student tab.

Attn: Seniors! Grad Nite tickets on sale TODAY during lunch in front of the ASB office.

Would you like to give back to the community by spreading kindness one mission at a time? If yes, then make sure to come out to Operation Be Kind’s meeting today in room N10 during lunch! Be that random act of kindness that puts a smile on someone’s face!

There is a tale of a fateful trip that started from a tropic port aboard a tiny ship that hit a sandbar and began to sink. The passengers end up on an island full of wild animals and cannibals, what becomes of the passengers you ask, come find out as our Lion’s Den Theater presents Lagooned! Tickets are on sale NOW in the finance office or Theater room at lunch. Tickets are $5 presale/$7 at the door. Show NIGHTS Thursday, Friday, and Saturday THIS WEEK at 7, Afternoon show on Saturday at 2.

Attention Junior and Seniors. There is a special Health Careers Academy this summer for FREE. .Please see Mrs. Duremdes in the Library for more information.

Lions,Do you want to be a part of your school’s legacy? The Westminster High School Academic Decathlon team is searching for new recruits! The little team that could — the team that essentially rebuilds itself from scratch each year — went to the State Academic Decathlon championships for the thirteenth year in a row — a feat not done by any currently competing high school in Orange County. Help us secure our fourteenth year by joining us on the team!

Interested in serving in the Military? Representatives from the US Army will be in the College and Career Center TODAY AT LUNCH. Stop by to see what the Army has to offer!

Marvel Spring Photos are now here!! For only $1 per person, stop by Buckingham Square, during lunch, to take your picture! ATTENTION all clubs! The club with the most participants to take a picture at the Marvel Spring Photos, will have a chance to win “Club of the Month” AND be featured in the Rally!

Westminster Esports will have a meeting today afterschool in K4! Come in and play your favorite competitive games!

Hey Juniors and Seniors! Prom is just around the corner. Enjoy A Night of Enchantment at the Nixon Library on Friday, April 26th. Don’t miss out on our ONE DAY flash sale next week on Tuesday, April 9th!! Our lowest ticket prices of $75 w/ ASB and $80 w/out and for guests. Pick up your dance/guest contracts in G-1 today!

Take me out to the ball game! (sing it!) WHS Choir will be singing the national anthem at Angels Stadium on Friday May 17th at 7:00pm. Come support your lions and watch the Angels take on the Kansas City Royals. Tickets are a discounted price of only $20! Go to the finance office and get your ticket to this fun event today!

Prom Boutique! Prom Boutique! Prom Boutique! Come to the library this Saturday to buy a prom dress for ten dollars! Yes, lots of prom dresses this Saturday in the library for only ten dollars! Win a prom ticket too!

Hey all you Juniors and Seniors!!! Did you know Prom is at the end of the month. Did you know you may not be able to go if you have Saturday Schools!!! Don’t be denied!!! Saturday School is this Saturday from 8-1210. You have been notified by email if you have them. Contact Officer Ryan if you have any questions.

Attention Club de Español members!!! We will have a Club de Español meeting on Thursday, April 11th at 12:20 in room E5 to talk about our Cinco de Mayo Kermés! Don’t forget!!! The meeting is Thursday, April 11 at lunch time in room E5! Hasta pronto!!

Seniors…here we are…your final ballot is here. Choose one in each category from the list that we compiled from the 347 nominations that the class of 2019 sent us. The deadline is Monday, April 8th. Please vote for one male and one female and you must vote in each category or the form won’t let you move on to the next one. Here is the link: https://forms.gle/9XM1JDAYDSyddjZj9

Spring is in the air! Come to the Spring Choir Concert Thursday April 11 at 6:30pm in the cafeteria. Come hear beautiful music sung in latin, german, samoan and more! Tickets are only $3 presale and $5 at the door! See you there!

Get Ready for the Ultimate match! Hey Lions, the Super Smash Bros Club will be having a meeting during lunch in room H28 on Friday! Bring your friends and have lots of fun! We hope to see EVERYONE!!!

Daily Announcements