CP & LEP Course Description
United States Government is a one-semester course required of all twelfth-grade students. The course encompasses the following major themes:
- The American Constitution;
- The executive, legislative, and judicial branches of government;
- The institutions of American political life (political parties, elections, etc.);
- Political socialization;
- Functions of both formal and informal political groups;
- The decision-making process;
- The ideals and realities of the American political system;
- The political process (individuals and groups);
- Political and legal theories;
- Comparative political, legal, and economic systems.
This course meets the district and state requirement and university government/elective requirement.