A work permit is a legal document required by the state of California that allows a person under 18 years of age to hold a job. Minors must meet mandatory school attendance laws and academic requirements in order to obtain or maintain a work permit. Schools have the right to restrict or reduce the type of employment and/or the hours of work if evidence is shown that the schoolwork is being impaired by the employment. Students granted work permits must demonstrate and maintain a 2.0 grade point average and satisfactory attendance.
How to Get a Work Permit:
Students must have a job offer from an employer BEFORE applying for the work permit.
- Please download the fillable Work Permit Application form.
- Complete the form and have the parent and the employer sign and date their section. The following information must be filled out:
- Minors' information must include Social Security number
- Employer’s information
- A parent or legal guardian’s signature for approval to work
- Return the form to Mrs. Gomez in the CCC during break or lunch.
*Please Note: Work permits can take up to 48 hours to process. Do not wait until the last minute to turn in your form!